Online with native teacher
|Or pay in:|
Speaking Test - live online (private 1:1)
- Live online speaking test with fully qualified & experienced native teacher.
- Take the test at any time, at your convenience
- One teacher : one student (1:1)
- Friendly, helpful teacher with informal testing style
- Clearly-spoken teachers to help comprehension
- Tests your fluency, accuracy, vocabulary range and pronunciation
- Get immediate feedback after the test from your teacher
- Teacher will also discuss your goals for raising your level of English
- Official written report sent to you after the session confirming your strengths & weaknesses in each speaking category
Structure of test
The speaking test is divided into 3 parts:
- Basic introductory questions
- Short role-play, reading text aloud
- General discussion about everyday topics such as travel, family, hobbies & interests, job, study etc.
We test your competence in the following main areas:
- Oral confidence
- General communicative ability
Duration of test
Three-Part test, including oral feedback & discussion = approximately 30 minutes
After the test
Approximately 45 minutes after the start time of the test, you will receive a full written report of your performance during the test. You will be graded in the following categories:
- Accuracy: Use of grammar / sentence structure
- Expression: Vocabulary: terminology, appropriate words, complexity, depth
- Clarity: Pronunciation, intonation, stress
- Confidence: Fluency: independence, hesitation, prompting requirement, initiative
* You will also receive a grade confirming your overall speaking ability
Frequency of tests
- Take the test at any time - at your convenience
- Repeat the test as often as you want - each test is different
- Take the test before and after a course as a measurement of progress.
Key benefits of taking the Speaking Test
- It's always useful to have a teacher's accurate assessment of your speaking level of English.
- Helps with motivation, measurement of progress and personal satisfaction
- Ascertain your exact strengths & weaknesses so that you know what to focus on most
- Your personal test report, together with your certificate of studies (if you take a full course of lessons), will provide your employer, school or university with proof of your level and progress made during your course.