TERMS & CONDITIONS
Our terms and conditions
Classes cannot begin until full payment is received.
Cancellation / Amendment
- Depending on your course, between 3 and 24 hours' notice is required for amendment or cancellation of confirmed lessons. You can view all teacher 'availability' in their profile.
- Any booked lessons that you do not attend will be counted.
- If the teacher needs to cancel or amend a lesson, you will be given a minimum of 24 hours' notice. (Cancellations or amendments by our teachers are very rare)
- If you are late for a lesson, the teacher will remain available for the whole lesson duration from the agreed start time. The decision to add extra time at the end of the lesson will be at the teacher’s discretion.
- In the unlikely event that the teacher is late, the teacher must add any extra time at the end of the lesson or at a later date of your convenience.
Course expiry date
- All subscriptions are valid for one month from the day of purchase.
- Flexible plans are valid for one year from the day of purchase.
- Any lessons not taken after this period will be lost so it is important to make sure you take all your lessons within the time frame
Course time zone
- It is your responsibility to select your correct time zone when you book your lessons. You can book your lessons without creating an account in the new booking calendar system. However, if you do create an account, you can fix your time-zone permanently so just click on 'Register for an Account' after booking a lesson or go to our FAQ page for full details.
- We recommend trying different teachers so that you experience a variety of English accents and methodology, which will help your progress.
- If you have a Skype account, you must make sure you have added the teacher's Skype user name to your contacts before the first lesson. You will find this on the 'Teacher Profile' page.
- We prefer 'Zoom' (https://zoom.us/) to give lessons. It is included free when you buy a course. When you come to your first lesson the software will be quickly downloaded to your computer device.
- If you prefer, you can use Google Hangouts (https://hangouts.google.com/). If you choose this, it is your responsibility to make sure you are logged in to the correct Google (Hangouts) account before your lesson. You must also give SpeakEnglishOnline your Google email address that you use with Hangouts before your course commences.
- Always check your audio (headset microphone + speakers) is working in good time before your lesson starts.
- If there is a technical problem, you should use Skype and make sure you have informed SpeakEnglishOnline of your Skype user name before your course commences.
- We are unable to refund any lessons where potential technical issues have not been tested before the start of the lesson.
Thank you for your understanding and compliance