“SpeakEnglishOnline” is a service offered by Speak English Limited, Company Identity Fiscal: GB-5365351
Through this privacy statement, Speak English Limited wishes to inform you of how your personal data are processed and in what form some of these data are made accessible for other users. All personal data are treated with great care at Speak English Limited and all necessary steps are taken to guarantee the security of these data. This privacy statement supplements the General Terms and Conditions of Business of Speak English Online.
1. Information we collect
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we may collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information and purchase history. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); payment details (including credit card information), comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
2. How we collect information
When you conduct a transaction on our website, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address, email address and telephone number/s if given. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated above only.
We collect your information by one or more of the following methods:
a. An email or other electronic message sent by you to us
e. Zoom (https://zoom.us/privacy) Our live lessons use Zoom, Inc., U.S.
3. Why we collect this personal information
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
a. To provide and operate our Services;
b. To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
c. To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
d. To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
e. To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
4. How we store, use, share and disclose your personal information
- Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
- Our booking calendar system uses Acuity Scheduling (https://help.acuityscheduling.com/hc/en-us/articles/219149587-Security-Privacy-Compliance ) to obtain your name, email address/es, time-zone and telephone number (optional) in order to process your bookings with us.
- Our newsletter and marketing emails use Mailchimp (https://mailchimp.com/about/security/ ) to keep you up to date with our services and inform you of relevant offers and other information .
- Our database may use Google Drive https://www.google.com/intl/en_us/drive/using-drive/ to retain your name, email address/es, nationality, photograph and telephone number to run online lessons and store your profile and whiteboards (both editable bu the User).
- Our additional backup database uses Microsoft Office 365 ( https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-gb/ ) to back-up your data which may include your name, email address/es, nationality, photograph and telephone number.
- Our video-audio conferencing software uses Zoom (https://zoom.us/docs/doc/Zoom-Security-White-Paper.pdf ) for live lessons and to record sessions but only if requested by user.
5. How we communicate with you
We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
You can determine if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring your browser, which is installed in the computer you are using to access the Site. If you desire, you can change those configurations in your browser to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is sent, or to reject all cookies. If you reject all cookies you may be required to re-enter your information on our Site more often and certain features of our Site may be unavailable.
Examples of Cookies we may use:
Session Cookies. We may use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
Preference Cookies. We may use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
Security Cookies. We may use Security Cookies for security purposes.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how you use the site. (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/4597324?hl=en-GB&ref_topic=1008008)
7. How you can withdraw your consent, access or amend any personal information
If you would like to delete, access, correct, or amend any personal information we have about you, you are invited to contact us by one of the following methods:
a. Via our website at: https://www.speakenglishonline.com/contact-us
b. By email to: email@example.com
c. By mail to: Speak English Ltd, Conifer Avenue, BH14 8RU, Poole, Dorset, England